- This event has passed.
Climate Change Bites Webinar. [how climate change is driving vector-borne disease in plants, animals and humans]
October 21 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
The webinar consists of short presentations from:
- Professor Gary Foster, Professor of Molecular Plant Pathology at the University of Bristol, specializing in plant virology and plant molecular biology,
- Dr Rachel Lowe, Associate Professor at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, specialising in the risk of disease transmission.
- Dr Bethan Purse, senior scientist at the UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, specialising in population ecology.
- Dr Raman Velayudhan, Head of Veterinary Public Health, Vector Control and Environment, World Health Organization, specialising in dengue prevention and control.
- Dr Tianna Brand, Foresight Advisor at the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), specialising in emerging global priorities and One Health.
Following the presentations, a panel discussion on the impact climate change is having on vector-borne diseases and what researchers can do to tackle this, including Q&A from the audience, will take place. Register for free here:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/climate-change-bites-tickets-180020224337?aff=ebdsoporgprofile