- This event has passed.
Zoonoses Conference: 2012
27th July 2012 @ 12:00 am - 28th July 2012 @ 12:00 am
The Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases (ASID), in collaboration with the Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) and Sydney Emerging Infections and Biosecurity Institute (SEIB), is holding a two-day meeting on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 July 2012. The venue is the Eastern Avenue Complex at the University of Sydney.
The meeting aims to bring together veterinarians, medical practitioners and laboratory scientists around the theme of zoonoses in Australia. Topics include:
• Q fever
• Antimicrobial use, resistance and stewardship
• Food-borne zoonoses, including EHEC, Campylobacter
• Hendra virus
• Infection control in veterinary settings
• Animal bites and wounds
• Management of zoonoses in environmental disasters, including leptospirosis, avian influenza, MVE and Kunjin
• Emerging zoonotic and related infections in Australia, including Cryptococcosis, M. ulcerans, C. difficile
The provisional program is available at: http://www.asid.net.au/images/Zoo/Zoonoses%20Provisional%20Program.pdf. For further information and to register, please visit http://www.asid.net.au/zoonoses