- This event has passed.
Emerging Infectious Diseases Symposium 2012 (EIDS2012)
22nd October 2012 @ 12:00 am - 23rd October 2012 @ 12:00 am
The past few decades have seen the emergence of numerous novel infectious diseases. In addition, there has been re-emergence of diseases as a result of a combination of factors, such as increased host exposure and environmental changes. Research in emerging infectious diseases is growing rapidly, with new understanding of host–pathogen interactions and the development of innovative and exciting therapeutic strategies.
This conference aims to bring together researchers in the field of ‘One Health’, uniting the areas of animal and human disease, as well as the environmental issues around the emergence of infectious diseases.
• pathogen reservoir surveillance
• transmission of emerging infectious diseases
• emerging infectious disease biology
• host immunity to infection
• platforms for disease diagnosis and therapeutic and diagnostic development
• modelling/scenario evaluation
• economic evaluation of response and social implications of emerging infectious disease
• transboundary diseases
• biosecurity and biosafety
For further information and to register, visit EIDS2012