- This event has passed.
PENAPH Technical Workshop
11th December 2012 @ 12:00 am - 13th December 2012 @ 12:00 am
The Participatory Epidemiology Network for Animal and Public Health (PENAPH) is a partnership of organisations and individuals to facilitate the continued development and application of participatory methods in epidemiology. PENAPH partners include animal health and public health partners committed to one health and ecohealth approaches. PENAPH will be holding a technical workshop to bring together trainers, practitioners and others interested in participatory epidemiology (PE) and its applications in animal health, one health and ecohealth. The organisation of the workshop is supported by a grant to ILRI from the Rockefeller Foundation through the Empowering National and Regional Stakeholders Grant. The meeting will be hosted by the Veterinary Public Health Centre for Asia Pacific (VPHCAP) at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
Topics to be covered include:
• Participatory Epidemiology: lessons learned and perspectives – what worked, what didn’t, why and how?
• Methods for assessment and evaluation of surveillance programs that include Participatory Disease Surveillance
• Validation of participatory tools in epidemiology and comparison of Participatory Epidemiology with conventional research methods
• How to integrate Participatory Epidemiology and Participatory Disease Surveillance with conventional research and surveillance methods in animal health, one health and ecohealth?
• Participatory impact assessment of health related activities
• Innovative approaches from qualitative and semi-quantitative research methods in fields other than animal health, one health & eco-health (e.g. social sciences, human epidemiology, or public health).
For further information visit http://penaph.net/